The amazing thing about yoga is that you can do it anywhere, no matter where you are and no matter what time of day it is. Along with the flexibility of practice come many health benefits. You may also find that not only do you feel better and more relaxed, you may feel more rested, sleep better and you may feel happier after incorporating a short yoga practice to your everyday routine.
The following are only some of the many ways yoga can improve your own physical and mental health:
- Yoga improves your flexibility: As you continue in your yoga practice, you will find that your body feels longer, and gradually looser than it previously has. With greater flexibility you may also find that some of your body aches and pains are also beginning to disappear. Becoming more flexible helps relieve tension you hold in tight muscles.
- Builds stronger muscles: This one is self explanatory. Yoga, as with any other exercise, helps build strong muscles. Try incorporating yoga in your other physical workouts.
- Improves posture: Yoga greatly improved your balance, which in turn improves the way you hold your own body upright. Poor posture leads to many problems of its own, such as neck and back pain. Yoga will help alleviate the pain, and will help you realign your spine.
- Drops your blood pressure
- Improves your mood: Consistent yoga practice will lift your spirits as you will feel more energized and more willing to go out and enjoy life. Yoga has proven to diminish the level of depression in its practitioners.
- Helps you focus
- Helps you relax: Yoga requires slower breathing and focus on the present moment. This helps you let go of stress and other events in your lie which are holding you back from enjoying life to its fullest, and appreciating what you have in any given moment.
- Increases self-esteem: Practicing with a goal of self-improvement and betterment will allow you experience feelings of gratitude, for example. You will learn to appreciate life’s greatest moments.
- Eases physical and mental pain: As your mood improves so does your body. As your muscles strengthen so will your piece of mind.
- Benefits your relationships: A regular yoga practice will help you develop greater friendliness, and compassion, and will help you overcome troubles in relationships with family and friends.